This Teacher Training Program will be an in-depth exploration of asana, pranayama, meditation, Sanskrit, anatomy, history and philosophy. Whether you are a curious seeker wanting to deepen your practice, or want to pursue teaching full or part-time, this is the training for you!
Sept 30-Oct 1
- 20 total classroom days
- 180 Total Classroom Hours
- 20 Non-Contact Hour
- *3 Day weekends
$3,100 Early Bird Rate (July 1st)
$3,250 Normal Pricing
50% deposit required to secure your spot. Balance is due August 15th.
$3,400 Payment Plan -$1,000 Down payment/4 monthly payments of $600 due on the 1st of each month starting September 1st. (not available for early bird price)
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME DURING THIS TRAINING?
- 30 at home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation.
- Students will also be asked to keep a journal. Write a few sentences about each of these sessions above.
- There will be weekly reading assignments.
- Students will be expected to complete 2 one-page essays.
- Take 25 yoga classes during the course of this training. Taking a variety is strongly encouraged. Restorative, yin classes, Iyengar, ashtanga etc.
- Any approved workshop of 2 hours can be credited for 2 classes.
HOW MUCH OF A TIME COMMITMENT WILL THIS BE?
-Aside from the Yoga classes plan to dedicate 4-5 hours each week of study.
WHAT ARE “NON-CONTACT” HOURS?
- These are hours that students must complete outside of the TT classroom setting.
- Students will be required to observe 3 classes, assist 3 classes, and teach 1 community class. (10 hours)
- The in-home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation also count towards these hours. (10 hours)
WHAT IF I MISS A DAY OR WEEKEND?
Ideally all students will attend every single moment of the training, but I realize that things happen. Students can miss up to 3 Full days of the Training, but must make up those hours either individually or in small groups of TT students with me.
Missed: 4 hours of class time missed= 1.5 hours make up
8 hours of class time missed= 3 hours make up
REQUIRED READING LIST
- Light on Yoga -B.K.S Iyengar
- 8 Weeks to Balance -Rodney Yee
- Bhagavad-Gita -AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali -Swami Sacthidananda
- The Key Muscles of Yoga -Ray Long
- The Yoga of Breath -Richard Rosen