January 20 - 22 (Fri-Sunday)
February 4 - 5
February 18 - 19
March 3 - 5(Friday-Sunday)
March17 - 19
March 31 - April 2 (Friday-Sunday)
April 15 - 16
April 28 - 30 (Friday-Sunday)
- 20 total classroom days
- 180 Total Classroom Hours
- 20 Non-Contact Hour
I proudly present a Yoga Alliance recognized 200-hr Yoga teacher training at Mela Yoga in San Mateo.
This Teacher Training Program will be an in-depth exploration of asana, pranayama, meditation, Sanskrit, anatomy, history and philosophy. Whether you are a curious seeker wanting to deepen your practice, or want to pursue teaching full or part-time, this is the training for you!
$3,000 Early Bird Special Until Dec 1st
$3,250 Normal Pricing
$3,300 Payment Plan
-$1,000 Down payment/4 monthly payments of $575 due on the 1st of each month starting Jan (not available for early bird price)
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME DURING THIS TRAINING?
- 30 at home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation.
- Students will also be asked to keep a journal. Write a few sentences about each of these sessions above.
- There will be weekly reading assignments.
- Students will be expected to complete 2 one-page essays.
- Take 25 yoga classes during the course of this training. Taking a variety is strongly encouraged. Restorative, yin classes, Iyengar, ashtanga etc.
- Any approved workshop of 2 hours can be credited for 2 classes.
HOW MUCH OF A TIME COMMITMENT WILL THIS BE?
-Aside from the Yoga classes plan to dedicate 4-5 hours each week of study.
WHAT ARE “NON-CONTACT” HOURS?
- These are hours that students must complete outside of the TT classroom setting.
- Students will be required to observe 3 classes, assist 3 classes, and teach 1 community class. (10 hours)
- The in-home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation also count towards these hours. (10 hours)
WHAT IF I MISS A DAY OR WEEKEND?
Ideally all students will attend every single moment of the training, but I realize that things happen. Students can miss up to 3 Full days of the Training, but must make up those hours either individually or in small groups of TT students with me.
Missed: 4 hours of class time missed= 1.5 hours make up
8 hours of class time missed= 3 hours make up
HOW BIG WILL THE TT GROUP BE?
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Minimum group size is 6 students.
- Should the training not fill-up you will receive 100% refund.
REQUIRED READING LIST
- Light on Yoga -B.K.S Iyengar
- 8 Weeks to Balance -Rodney Yee
- Bhagavad-Gita -AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali -Swami Sacthidananda
- The Key Muscles of Yoga -Ray Long
- The Yoga of Breath -Richard Rosen