This Teacher Training Program will be an in-depth exploration of asana, pranayama, meditation, Sanskrit, anatomy, history and philosophy. Whether you are a curious seeker wanting to deepen your practice, or want to pursue teaching full or part-time, this is the training for you!
"The quality of Kirtan's teaching is world class and I think you would be hard pressed to find a more complete teacher training program. This course should be requirement for all of humanity!" Ellen, Graduate in 2016
Feb 2-4 *
- 20 total classroom days
- 180 Total Classroom Hours
- 20 Non-Contact Hour
- *3 Day weekends
$3,000 Early Bird Rate -by Dec. 2nd, 2017
$3,250 Normal Pricing - $500 Deposit required
$3,500 Payment Plan
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME DURING THIS TRAINING?
- 30 at home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation.
- Students will also be asked to keep a journal. Write a few sentences about each of these sessions above.
- There will be weekly reading assignments
- Take 25 yoga classes during the course of this training. Taking a variety is strongly encouraged. Restorative, yin classes, Iyengar, ashtanga etc.
- Any approved workshop of 2 hours can be credited for 2 classes.
HOW MUCH OF A TIME COMMITMENT WILL THIS BE?
-Aside from the Yoga classes you take or are assigned, plan to spend 1 hour each day
WHAT ARE “NON-CONTACT” HOURS?
- These are hours that students must complete outside of the TT classroom setting.
- Students will be required to observe 3 classes, assist 3 classes, and teach 1 community class. (10 hours)
- The in-home sessions of relaxation, breath awareness and meditation also count towards these hours. (10 hours)
WHAT IF I MISS A DAY OR WEEKEND?
Ideally all students will attend every single moment of the training, but I realize that things happen. Students can miss up to 3 Full days of the Training, but must make up those hours either individually or in small groups of TT students with me.
Missed: 4 hours of class time missed= 1.5 hours make up
8 hours of class time missed= 3 hours make up
REQUIRED READING LIST
- Light on Yoga -B.K.S Iyengar
- 8 Weeks to Balance -Rodney Yee
- Bhagavad-Gita -AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali -Swami Sacthidananda
- The Key Muscles of Yoga -Ray Long
- The Yoga of Breath -Richard Rosen